Videoconferencing: the chances of developing

To date, experts define videoconferencing (VC) as the most promising segment of IT, placing it along with the popularity of smartphones, tablets and storage. Is the Ukrainian business to actively disseminate video – on.
Development of a market
The increased interest of Ukrainian companies in video conferencing solutions now appears in more than $ 10 millionth volume of the market and the potential to increase up to 40% in 2012. Indirectly, videoconferencing market players to help telecom operators to not only extend the geographical scope of networks, but also increase the bandwidth. However, the bulk of the dynamics of the segment dictates the demand from companies, which, according to global trends are in need of rapid business decisions.
According to the head of the department of UC IT-Solutions Ivan Zimin, the distribution of video conferencing market is as follows: 70% of business users are connected to a very affordable but high-quality software systems. The remaining 30% of the market belong to more expensive hardware solutions. It clarifies the expert, such a distribution of the market does not mean that the more expensive solutions uniquely better. The choice of a particular class is determined only by the tasks that customers assign to videoconferencing.
SCD in
However, despite the fact that the system of video today “at the hearing”, their widespread distribution is still a lack of awareness hinders. For example, some companies who need video conferencing, do not know on what parameters to choose one that’s really important for solving problems, and what is secondary? What is behind a long list of supported standards? And there is always the cheapest solution to a very low quality and the most expensive perfect in every way? It is for this reason that companies are not always ready to choose and develop the necessary and sufficient requirements for video conferencing.
As experts, the choice of priorities for making video conferencing is quite clear and understandable. Before introducing the main goal should be to determine the application: meetings, recruitment, efficiency in decision making, control, and more. As Ivan notes Zimin, by investing money in videoconferencing investors be sure to pay attention to the technical characteristics of SCD. To install the hardware solutions that provide excellent picture is worth remembering that these videoconferencing systems to the high standards of IT infrastructure and bandwidth of data, so it is possible that such a video conferencing will need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars with operating costs. At the same time, more mobile software solutions – video conferencing can be done with a computer, a tablet or even from your smartphone by connecting to the IP-based network using any type of connection: Ethernet, WiFi, WiMax, HSDPAetc. Accordingly, the requirements for speed of data transfer software systems are not as high as that of similar hardware. Indeed, for a video call to an acceptable level for the hardware systems to about 1.5 Mbit / s, and for policy decisions rather 256 kbit / s. Well as hardware solutions are very picky about the quality of the communication channel (delays, “jitter”, guaranteed bandwidth), which can not be seen in policy decisions.
In general, the needs of Ukrainian companies with respect to functional videoconferencing coincide with the world: the desire to build enterprise unified communications systems that contain the functions of text messaging to videoconferencing and collaborative work on documents, which allows you to instantly find the right caller to an available channel of communication, increasing the availability of video conferencing solutions, the use of mobile terminals as well as videoconferencing and the construction of the “cloud” videoconferencing.
In future, according to the expectations of market players, the rapid growth of incomes in this market will continue in the coming years. He will be strengthened by the influence of unified communications, applications, collaboration, telepresence, desktop and mobile devices that support video.